A Word About my Online Portfolio(s)
- I use a process fundamentally different from the process I use to create my print portfolios. The goal of the print portfolios is to create a world-class work of art. The creation of a print portfolio takes years of work: I select photographs among hundreds of top-class images and spare no effort or expense.
- I typically create Online portfolios quickly, and the process of selecting images is much less severe.
- I often select images for my print portfolios by editing the content of my online portfolios. In other words I use the online portfolios as a starting point for my print portfolios; only a small number of images from my online portfolios make it into my print portfolios.
- Occasionally, I may feature different versions of the same photograph in an online portfolio. This usually means, I have not yet made up my mind about which image I like best. I use the online portfolio as an opportunity to view the images together, which helps me make a final selection later on.
- The images in my online portfolios represent a larger variety of subjects than those featured in my print portfolios. I will likely not feature photographs of my backyard, our dogs playing, or of my travels, etc. in a print portfolio. However, I like to feature these images online because they show aspects of my life I enjoy sharing and are important to me.
- Online portfolios are dated using the publication date, not the creation date. For example a photograph created in 2017, 2016, or 2015, but published in 2018 will be dated 2018.
- If you like any of my photographs features in an online portfolio, and would like it printed, please contact me to discuss.